Thursday, November 10, 2011

The 24-layer Chocolate Cake

Deciding on what a "luscious and elegant" chocolate cake should be for a recent request was easy as pie :)  I immediately thought of only one cake.  The elegant 24-layer Chocolate Cake from The Strip House restaurant is the most delicious chocolate cake I've tasted.

The layers are alternating chocolate cake and chocolate filling, coated with a semi-sweet chocolate ganache.  Very luscious, indeed!!  Usually after a steak meal I would pass on dessert, which would have been regretful in this case.  Thankfully my sweet tooth insisted on it; chocolate cake heaven!

My mini version was made with a dark chocolate ganache and filling.  I also made a twin, which is destined for a friend in Europe, thanks, P :))))


Golden currants top the cake and slice.  The beautiful Santos rosewood table was turned by Thomas Saunders.  Silver cake server by Don Henry.



My favorite holiday season has commenced :)  Wishing you joyous days...

14 comments:

  1. The cake is perfect! I can smell the aroma of chocolate ... ;)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cake! Your friend will be happy to receive it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Se ve absolutamente delicioso.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  4. Es perfecto!!!! Me entra el hambre solo de verlo!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! I know it takes a lot of time to make all of these layers. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all for your comments...absolutely made my day :) The real deal is truly the best chocolate cake ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Kathy, I know you know ;) Had to trash the first try...too tall for scale and smooshing it down didn't fly, lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. crazy real, crazy awesome!!!!!!! i tried to count the layers..but it's late, i'm tired, and i trust you XD

    ME WANT CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alison, I come here everyday to get my "Fix", this dessert is simply amazing!!

    You are so very talented, and only you could make one in miniature.

    A true masterpiece!

    Big Hugs,
    Athena

    ReplyDelete
  10. *your fix*, LOL! Thanks, Athena...I'll email :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas and a happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete