Monday, March 17, 2014

Testing the light...




It's been quite a while since I've been able to sit at my work table and create anything.  Finally, a few nights ago, I was able to get back to business.  Feels great to be working with clay again!  After setting up the "photo studio" I couldn't resist a mini session.  Must test the lighting ;^)  Or, as my husband observed, "Just a good excuse to play."

In the photo:  Soapstone and exotic wood turnings by Thomas Saunders; except the dendritic soapstone bowl, middle left, by Jeff Spera.  Dragon motif bone carving from Wendy's Miniatures.  Glass vase by Kiva Ford.  Dale Kendall rabbit's foot fern leaves and "Dreams" laser-engraved box, both painted and finished by me.  Everything is now back in storage :^(  It all deserves a permanent display...maybe next year?

Wishing you a great week...

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful lighting and photo. Love the cabinet. Who made it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Josje! The cabinet is either Bespaq or JMB according to the Ebay seller. It was very attractive because of its bargain price, but to some extent, I expected to be underwhelmed. Was pleasantly surprised when it arrived - lucky find!

      Delete
    2. Oh I am surprised at that, it looks really good. Nice to get such a surprise! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Marisa, I remember imagining that whoever worked on the cabinet must have needed to impress his superior or get the boot ;^)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Tony! I really needed the practice - have been sidelined too long by health issues! Great to be back at "work" :^)

      Delete
  4. I missed this blog post. Beautiful cabinet filled with even more beautiful miniatures, stunning work!
    It's a shame to put it in storage back again ;)!
    Kind regards, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ilona. How I'd love to build a roombox to permanently display these minis. Not enough hours in the day at present... :^(

      Delete