Thursday, July 23, 2015

Nature's Candy

Tieton and Ranier cherries - real and polymer clay in 1/12 scaleTurned miniature bowl by Jacob Wenzel.

The heat and humidity has been almost intolerable lately; it's predicted to get worse as we progress into late summer/early autumn.  Hardly conducive to sitting indoors, hunched over my work table making fiddly fruit.  However, it must get done; no rest for the heat exhausted ;^)

The cherries are part of a larger body of 1/12 scale work that I've been invited to exhibit in Honolulu in late 2016.  Working on the room boxes won't be easy as I'm very much still the novice in the building department.  But it's exciting to be challenged by new endeavors and I am looking forward to the upcoming construction.

Wishing all the best of the season - thanks for reading!


8 comments:

  1. I've said this before but I'm going tosay it again, how on earth do you get such an amazing amount of detail into something so tiny? They look so real. Seriously, a roombox will be a breeze for you considering how well you work with your hands. Congratulations on the exhibition and I hope the weather takes a cooler turn soon =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband thinks I'm crazy...you wouldn't believe the number of processes for what looks like a simple little fruit. The high cost of labor for mini realism :^) Thanks so much for the words of support - I'm a bit hesitant starting out and just hoping to come away with my fingers and hands intact, hahaha.

      Delete
  2. Firstly congratulations Alison on the invitation to exhibit your work, i also have no doubt that your room boxes will be just as beautiful as the work you have shown us above, they really are incredibly wonderful and so tempting! Thank you for sharing your good news :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tony :^) I've been working on wood accessories to practice my skills and there is a world of difference between the food sculpts and building structures, for me, anyway. You and Pepper make it look too easy!

      Delete
  3. Hi! They look so real! You are very skilful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Viivi! Thank you, you're very kind :^)) Welcome to my blog xxx

      Delete
  4. These are some of the most Beautifully colored and realistic cherries in miniature that I have Ever Seen. In fact, had the Real Ones not been present, I wouldn't have known that they were miniatures! You have even made the dimple where the stem is, look Authentic- WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope that your work continues. You have produced such realistic cherries - beautiful coloured.
    Congratulations.
    Regards Janine

    ReplyDelete